By Mark Gullotta on February 26th, 2021 in
How much does and estate planning attorney cost? Estate planning cases vary, as do the attorney fees needed to complete them. The Law Office of Mark Gullotta offers free, initial consultations to first-time clients of the firm. That free consultation will allow us to discuss the details of your case and determine the cost of legal representation.
Extensive Financial Experience
Further, I began my career as a CPA and then obtained my MBA from Santa Clara University. My accounting background has provided me with a broad financial perspective not commonly found in other law firms. I can recognize the monetary implications of most financial estate planning measures. I will help you accurately decide which would best suit your goals.
Additionally, an estate plan can ensure your loved ones pay the minimums in taxes, legal fees, and court costs. It can also remove several time-consuming stumbling blocks. An effective estate plan can also offset costs by:
- Including instructions for your healthcare should you be incapacitated;
- Providing for a family member with special needs while maintaining eligibility for government benefits;
- Securing life insurance for your loved ones;
- Providing for family members who might need future financial protection (divorce, debts, etc);
- Minimizing taxes, and
- Minimizing court costs.
Consider the alternatives, if you die with no estate plan (intestate) with…
- children, but no spouse, your children will inherit everything, divided equally.
- parents, but no children, spouse or siblings, your parents would inherit your entire estate, divided equally.
- siblings, but no children, spouse or parents, your siblings would inherit your entire estate, divided equally.
- a spouse and one child, your spouse will inherit all community property as well as half of your separate property. Additionally, your child or grandchild will inherit the other half of your separate property.
- a spouse and two or more children, your spouse will inherit all community property, and one-third of your separate property. Your children will equally divide the other two-thirds of your separate property.
Mark A. Gullotta, Esq.
Finally, I am a family man with three children and I know that the added cost to hire an estate planning attorney can make an already difficult situation seem much harder. I am not here to add stress to your life nor do I want you to feel financially burdened by lawyer’s fees. This is why I do not hesitate to offer free initial consultations and affordable representation to my clients.